What can you learn from the last time you really wanted to get better at something?
Maybe it was playing the piano, or shooting penalty kicks in your school football team, or writing poetry, or beating Calamity Ganon in Zelda BOTW… Or maybe it was just getting better grades in school.
Whatever it was, begin by writing down in your journal this learning goal you had once upon a time. Then reflect on this goal and the ways you tried to achieve it. For example, think about the questions below.
- What motivated you?
- But also, how did you go about it?
- Did you work in a team and get feedback from your peers?
- Did you find a teacher or trainer?
- Did you record yourself and assess your performance?
- How did you know what the goal looked like – what it was to you wanted to achieve?
- And finally, now that you are entering University, what can this past experience tell you about how you can get the most out of LUC?